The Baltic User Experience Summit has ended, for this year at least! The event was very exciting in its entirety. We thought we would share a bit of the Bit Finer perspective and tell you about how the event was for us! And, as you might have already guessed, we have a lot to talk about. 😉
You may have read from the last post that Bit Finer’s CEO, Lauri, was one of the members of the jury at the UX awards. He took the plunge to evaluate more than 50 stores out of over a hundred that were submitted. He said that it certainly brought back good memories as Bit Finer won two of the categories last year!
Lauri (on the left) having a conversation with the organizers — Maarit Eerme and Hando Sinisalu!
The Summit itself had many more people this year than last — you can really see how the e-commerce image is developing in the Baltics! There were about a hundred businesses represented at the conference. It was great to see all the eager entrepreneurs, who are taking the e-commerce scene to the skies!
And now — the winners! And everyone else, who did an amazing job in their category. The audience loves you.
The jury was very surprised to see how good all the websites were. They jokingly said that the “best e-commerce website” award could have been awarded to at least half of the e-stores that reached the final stage.
The awards go as follows:
- Food and Commodities: Selver! Probably one of your favourite shops to buy food… and you can do it online. It could not get more convenient than that!
- Clothing, shoes and accessories: Denim Dream! Did your pants break again? Fear not, Denim Dream will get you a new pair in a jiffy!
- Children’s goods: Nono! Well, as you might have guessed, raising a child takes a lot of patience and if you need to save time, visit their shop!
- Tech: Klick! Need a new laptop, a new phone or a new washing machine? Go raid their store, you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to use!
- Home and garden: Furgner! Get your soil from this place, and they will deliver it right to you and you will continue to be the sunshine for your plants!
- General department stores: Kaubamaja! Duh… we live in Estonia, so obviously you go to Kaubamaja to get your stuff.
- Hobbies: Rahva Raamat! It only goes to show that Estonians are an educated species. We love reading books, but also playing board games and racking our brains to put together some puzzles.
- Cars, vroom vroom: Jaunasriepas! A Latvian company next to all the Estonians. Did the exhaust pipe fall off your Opel? You can get a new one from this e-store!
And for the very last one, which won the biggest award of all in Estonia, the best e-store in Estonia and in the Baltics: Loverte! Michael Bublé would be singing “You’re beautiful” right here.
But, that’s not all! There was also a vote for the people’s favourite e-store, and they picked Selver, Decora and Punktid as the winners!
Congratulations to every single winner! If your company didn’t reach the finals, better luck next time. You should get to work on your UX. Or call us. 😉
We would also like to thank everyone who participated in the event. Thank you to the hosts, Hando and Maarit. A big thank you also to Äripäev and kaubandus.ee for setting up this amazing event. Many thanks to the Estonian E-commerce Association as well — you are all amazing!
The speakers also did an amazing job — every single one of your speeches was interesting and educative. Thank you to every one of you!
If you would like to check out the pictures yourself, go to this link and have a blast!
See you next time! Cheers!