A few months ago Bit Finer switched to remote work culture and its time to share a few thoughts on the reasoning and our first impressions. Exciting! For us, it made sense to keep the office/hub and start a remote first culture, meaning whoever wants to work from the office, can, but it’s 100% optional.
What is a remote work culture – well, defining it with our own words, we’d say it’s a friendship with benefits where both parties receive nice rewards and can do even nicer things while not being obligated to serve a specific chair in a specific office.
And what’s even more fantastic, as bench time in the office is optional, a lot of time is saved on the daily commute and it’s just fantastic to spend that time on other aspects of life. Not to mention the positive impact on environment!
The world is changing so fast and especially in the tech sector. Communication is nowadays seamless and we live in a world of no borders. That said, here are our favourite business reasons why we made the switch to a remote work culture.
Meet the top 5 reasons we went remote first
- Remote workers report 82% reduced stress – they are just a lot more happier and this makes our clients happier too.
- 57% of the IT industry in The U.S. is now remote – it’s huge and it is the future.
- 1/3 of workers would change jobs for remote work opportunities – that’s a good competitive advantage.
- Companies with a diverse workforce are 35% more likely to outperform a non-diverse workforce – yet another benefit for us and for our customers.
- Remote workers need less management and are more self-driven – not a bad combo.
Who else is doing it?
Well, apparently a lot of companies. Like Amazon, Intuit, Dell, Cisco, Philips, U.S. Department of Commerce, Salesforce, JPMorgan Chase, InVision, Buffer, American Express, GitHub, Johnson & Johnson, Hubstaff, Toggl, Harvest, Basecamp and many many more. There’s even a remote only manifesto out there and there’s tons of research about remote work and its benefits.
Some phrases that inspired us
- It’s the work that matters – not the bench time.
- Your place. Your zone. Yours alone.
- Better work. More happiness. More effective.
- Great talent is everywhere.
- Quality of life.
- Saves time. Money. Environment.
- Trust is the key.
- Judge based on what not where.
- Culture is not hanging out. It is about the values.
- Why wait for retirement to travel the world.
It makes sense to trust co-workers and be flexible
If there is no trust, why even bother working together. If you have trust, structure, skills and goals – things get delivered quite nicely. It feels relaxing to focus on output instead of input.
Remote work is of course not a substitute for human interaction as people still need to collaborate, have conversations, and feel like valuable members of a team. In fact, we collaborate much more efficiently now. With our team and with our customers while having a greater feeling of happiness. Can not complain 👏
So the first impression of remote work is superb and we will share our experience more on the go 🙂 Thank you for taking the time!
Published by Bit Finer
Bit Finer is a digital powerhouse that supercharges businesses. It does so with the help of UX/UI Design, CRO, development and passion. You get excellence in SaaS, Web, Ecommerce, Apps. Learn more